Monday, June 29, 2009

My Big Bro

Dark brown hair, glistening eyes, and an inner spirit of fire. This is my brother. My big bro is three years older than me and is my one and only sibling. Through out my life there have been many people that have impacted me. But the one person I know I will carry during my college experience will be my brother. My protector since I was a little girl will follow me where ever I go. My brothers words of wisdom and care have always stuck with me and I know they will never part from with in me. My brother has been through his own ups and downs but his courage to strive is what I admire. Since i was a child my brother taught me to fend for myself in those times that he would not be around. My brother has always pushed me to follow through with my dreams and try my hardest in school. In those times Ive messed up and everyone has pointed a finger and judged me, I am glad to say my brother has not been one of them. I have always known that no matter what I do my brother will always receive me with his open arms. My big brother, my hero, I love this boy so much. In elementary my brother and I were always together but when he left for middle school things were odd. When I reached middle school he was a freshman in high school and it felt as if I would never be with him in school again. When I started high school I was signed up for his school. At first I was scared, at the thought of the transition. But with my brother there, roaming the halls, I could not feel safer. I felt as if I were the lions friend in the jungle. My brother made sure no one bothered me or hurt me. He was once more my protector. When my sophomore year came he had already graduated and things felt odd again. The interesting thing was that it was as if he never left. People still did not bother me and the teachers would always ask me about him. My brother started college shortly after he graduated and he became my inspiration. Before he had been me cheer team but now he was my muse. When tests or home work got hard I would look for help or ask him even. I have learned from his mistakes and taken notes on his success. I know that when I begin college I will think of the pointers he has mentioned before. I will remember the warnings he has given me. Although we will not be attending the same universities I will still come to him when I'm in need. I will not rely on him to fix my problems but simply be a shoulder for me to lean on as he always has.

No comments:

Post a Comment