Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy Camper!!

Wow! waking up at 6A.M. has been joyeous. LOL. I had never imagined that I would be doing college homework this summer. I usualy spend my summers staying up late, watching movies, and waking up around 2P.M. The time that I was awake, I would spend most of with my friends or at the pool. When my councelor told me about summer scholars, I was interested. When the time came and I found out that i would be in summer scholars, I knew imediately that things would be different this summe, but I was psyched! I already knew that there would be homework, and waking up early involved, so I had enough time to get mentaly prepared. The first day of waking up early was fine, because I had been anticipating this day. When I arrived to school I was nervous but happy, I even sat near the front. As I sat in class I looked around impatiently, hoping that I might know some one. It turned out I did know two girls and that made things so much less tense. I got to know some of the people around me either way, because I wanted to relieve the tention as much as I could. When Maria Garza (our instructor) came in, I knew it had begun. She began to introduce herself and the program, than we played that ever famous "getting to know one another" game. I could feel the butterflies in my tummy from the excitment of all the things that were to come. After that class I hurried to my English course. Although I had been told that I might be with some college students, it turned out it was just myself and other summer scholras, I think that made things better for me, because it wasnt so odd among us. The teacher turned out to be great! My teacher is the funniest teacher ever, I truly know that if it wasnt for her humor I might have just been too nervous to talk. She has made things comfortable for us all and I am truly grateful to her for that. As  this first week has gone on and Ive gotten to know some of the students and done some of the assignments, Im still phsyched. The assignments are as one would imagine, at a college level but this is something im sure we all were expecting when we signed on. I have found myself overwhelmed at times, but Im still grateful for this opportunity and I can not deny that this is preaty fun. I look forward to my experience of living on campus and the four weeks ahead. This happy camper can not complain=)

No comments:

Post a Comment